Thursday, August 4, 2016

August Quick Start



Without an open mind, you can never be a great success ~ Martha Stewart

I love the month of August. Many new starts in my life have taken place in August. On August 1, 1990 I started working full time. On August 1, 1994, I started working and moved to Colorado with the same company. In 1997 I started another job. In 2010, I started working at the job that would put me in touch with the doctors for whom I work today.

My father was a teacher. I never understood the hustle and bustle of August, but I understand it now. Summer band started by this point, summer sports, the county fair held in my hometown, and then the first day of the school year. I didn’t recognize the energy I felt during month of August until a friend at work pointed out it was because our parents were teachers and went back to school. It was the beginning of a new year for them and for us.

So nearly every year, I get burnt out and unfocused after Memorial Day and re-energized in August. It’s the same with me this year. I like to review my resolutions and goals I’ve made for the year and revisit them. After all, there is still five months of the year left. That’s a lot of time to accomplish goals that ultimately lead to dreams coming true.

Here is a link to my 2016 goals on my Romance Blog:

2016 Resolutions

I had to revise my writing goals. I reduced my daily writing goal to 500 words per day, which means I am only going to get one novel written this year. That’s okay, at my level, it’s all I can handle.

My second novel, Disappear With Me, will be re-released on August 20 through my publisher, so I didn’t have to go the self-publishing route.

Promo - that is the area on which I will focus for the rest of the year, more consistent promo.

In addition to my writing, I now have this blog to maintain and my new business, Coconut Concepts, so each of those ventures have goals.

It’s going to be a busy end of the year, but as long I stick to my routines and plans, I’m sure I will progress.

How about you? What does August mean to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment