Saturday, August 6, 2016

Revising Goals







I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done ~ Lucille Ball

Have you gone back to your new year’s resolutions or the last time you set a goals and revisited them? Did you make any revisions?

If you answered yes to either of those questions, good for you! You’re well on your way. I am the king of making large goals and then figuring out there’s no way possible to fit them in my already busy schedule. I am working on saying “no” to more things, being more productive, and at the same time, finding plenty of time to relax and enjoy myself. That’s coming from a man who has to put “1-hour or movie/tv” in his daily non-negotiable list of things to do, or it might not get done.

I’ve said before that goals are dreams with dates on them. Even though I would love to say I’ve met every one of my goals ever set on the date intended, that statement is the furthest from the truth. I am working on setting such a high expectation for myself so that I set more realistic goals, but in the meantime, I’m taking it easy on myself when I have to revise a deadline.

How about you? Do you accomplish your goals by the deadline or do you revise like me?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:





Setting Goals



No comments:

Post a Comment