Thursday, August 25, 2016

Rejoice, for Your Soul is Alive!




If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive ~ Eleonora Duse

The amazing thing about working on a dream journey is how much I enjoy the simplest and some of the most mundane things in life. Granted, being a writer, I am looking for ways to make the routine tasks of life more interesting in my writing, I still look for the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Even when I was finishing my degree and working full time, I enjoyed the weekends more and time with our extended family at the time. When I am the busiest, I seek to do more in less time and relish the downtime even more.

For instance…just today, I was up at 4:45 am, wrote my 500 words per day, and took my walk before work. After working all day, I came home and put together a promotional blog post then ran off to dinner with friends from work. I came home, took care of the chores and threw up a couple of blog posts. I still would like to watch some tv (actually watch a program, not have it on in the background) and get some reading done. Again, I am back into my routines, getting a lot accomplished including some socializing.

How does keeping busy help you on your dream journey?





__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:



Creating a Vision

Setting Goals

Develop and Follow Routines

Define Boundaries 

Dream Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment