Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Lack of Sel-Realization



Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread ~ Richard Wright

For those of you following me, you might know I became separated from my husband of eight and a half years in May and then he passed away suddenly last month. Throughout the last year, I’ve learned to take care of myself first.

I learned that lesson a long time ago. Right after I graduated from high school, I got involved with Amway and started reading self help books. Those type of non-fiction books propelled my reading for the next fifteen years. It was those books about improving myself that got me through my first break up.

I stopped reading to improve myself when I started writing fiction. I’ve read a few books about the craft of writing, but they got in the way of reading genre fiction to improve my writing. Now I understand the importance of keeping the self help books in the mix. I created a reading schedule that has worked well and I have been able to read a fiction book and keep up on my self improvement reading as well.

Although the events in my fiction writing do not mirror the events in the my life right now, keeping up on my writing has been been cathartic for me. In retrospect, writing has probably been my savior for the a long time.

I blogged a week or so ago about letting life get in the way. Now that the memorial service is over, I am back to my business of writing and helping others to achieve their dreams.

Tell me about a time when working on your dream goals helped you in a time of great stress or grief in your life.



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:



Creating a Vision

Setting Goals

Develop and Follow Routines

Define Boundaries 

Dream Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment