Saturday, September 17, 2016

Timing



Life is all about timing…the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable…attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It’s all about timing ~ Stacey Charter

Patience. It’s something I don’t have any more.

I developed my patience as a corporate trainer back in the early 2000’s. I was able to empathize with new employees trying to learn about, in some instances, the banking industry, and, in may instances, how the system worked. For some, it was the first time they worked on a computer ever. (Yes, that was 2001.)

But when it comes to my dream goals, I am very impatient. I remember being two weeks in a January Big Weeks month while selling Tupperware. I had not recruited any new consultants and even my own party schedule was lacking. My director (distributor at the time) told me as long as I was doing the work each day/week to date parties and recruit consultants, in time my  team and my sales would grow. I’d achieve my goals, but it takes…TIME.

Same thing with my writing. I wished I could sit down and pound out 10,000 words per day. Sometimes my daily 500 word goal takes me longer than I really want. Although I won’t get more than two novels published a year, my writing is goal is what I can handle right now.

Be patient with yourself, be patient with your goals. As long as your completing your daily and weekly routines to reach your goals, you’ll get there when the time is right.

I’d love to hear about time when you were impatient with the process?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:



Creating a Vision

Setting Goals

Develop and Follow Routines

Define Boundaries 

Dream Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment