Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Relatives You Make for Yourself



Friends are the relatives you make for yourself ~ Eustache Deschamps

Thanks goodness for friends in my biological family, church family, writer community, and on-line community. The last year has been crazy and thank goodness for people looking out for me and letting me know they care.

That’s the thing about dream buddies. The very best ones grow to love not only your dream, but you as well. They become concerned when other parts of your life aren’t going right. The best friends understand that when things aren’t right in the other parts of your life, they know you can’t devote the energy needed to make your dreams come true if other parts of your life are out of order.

The best dream buddies know when to push you and when to support you. I’m so happy that I’ve found a community of folks who understand that the last year has been about support and not pushing.

Tell me about a time when you had a supportive community.



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Dream Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment