Thursday, September 1, 2016

Trust Yourself



As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live ~ Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

I mentioned last week that I had had a major life event come up the beginning of August and it set me back. For the first time in my life, I allowed myself the time to deal with the life issue and take care of myself. Before I would have continued to run  myself ragged, trying to accomplish goals that could wait and not dealing with the life issue at hand very well. I would have not worked the tasks at hand very well and only superficially dealt with the stressor in my life.

The difference is I trust myself now. It feels like I have been through hell and back, and now that it’s out of the way, I can move on. I trust myself that I’ll be able to accomplish the vision and goals I’ve set for myself, now is just not the time. The awesome thing is, once I got through the memorial service and time with my family, I was/am ready to kick ass. At the same time, I’ve had some other social and work obligations as well. But each day I set out to accomplish certain things and each day I’m getting them done.

When you trust yourself you’re able to set boundaries and keep balance in your life. It feels wonderful to be able to do that.

What changes came about in your life that allowed you to set boundaries, which in the long run helped you achieve a goal or dream?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Define Boundaries 


No comments:

Post a Comment