Saturday, June 4, 2016

Establishing and Following Routines



This poem was shared with me by my Tupperware Distributor a long time ago when I sold Tupperware:

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low and debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but DON’T YOU QUIT!
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When you might have won had you stuck it out.
DON’T GIVE UP, thought the pace seems slow ~
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is Failure turned inside out ~
The silver tine of the clouds of doubt,
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the flight when you’re hardest hit ~
It’s when things seem worst that you
MUST NOT QUIT! - Author Unknown

It's been a busy week, again, and not for my writing.  The novel doesn't seem to be moving forward and I am just getting this blog launched after two weeks of thinking about it.  So what am I doing about it?

I am revising my writing plan and getting back to it.  Thankfully I have my routine in place to refer to in times like this.  I am rearranging it to start my Writing Week on Saturday which works best for me.  I also started some new routines this weekend around exercising in the morning, which should help with daily routines during the week.

Don't be afraid to write down your routines and goals.  When you get off track, like I have been, you can refer to those best laid plans when you are ready and get right back to it.



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Develop and Follow Routines






No comments:

Post a Comment