Thursday, June 30, 2016

Craving My Creativity



I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horny for my creativity ~ Gilda Radner

One of the first lessons I learned about small goals and boundaries was how much I craved to get back to my work the next time it was scheduled. By setting a goal of so many words per day and sticking to it, I found not only was I making progress on my writing, but then I had time to get everything else done that I needed.

After I am done writing for the day, I move on to other tasks, but my mind wanders back to the stories. I marinate on where I left off, what is supposed to come next, and sometimes on events I’ve already written. This makes for an even more productive session the next time. Every once in a while, a brainstorm is so powerful that I have to take a few minutes and pound out the scene that is eating at me so bad I can’t think about anything else.

Defining boundaries and scheduling work toward your dream goal not only helps you reach your goals, but also balances out other parts of your life.

What benefits of setting boundaries have you experienced in your dream journey?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Define Boundaries 


No comments:

Post a Comment