Saturday, June 18, 2016

Only Those Who Attempt the Absurd Will Achieve the Impossible




Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it’s in my basement…let me go upstairs and check ~ M.C. Escher

How’s your week been? It’s been a crazy one, some of us experiencing the same fear and depression we felt after the September 11th attacks. For others, it’s been relieving the anger after the Supreme Court announced the Marriage Equality decision last year.

If national events such as these tend to arrest your ability to progress on your dream goals, as they have me in the past, consider this. Although the events continued to unfold this week, the world kept marching on. Business happened, there were chores to be done around the house, meals to prepare, families and friends to take care of. Why when the weight of the world falls on our shoulders do we not make our dream goals just as important as the other aspects of our lives.

It was not until 2012, when I made an absolute commitment to writing every day, that I finished my first novel and write my second in the next four months after that. From 2012 to 2014 I wrote every day and produced four manuscripts. Three of those have been published. It was not until the events of 2015 that I set my goals aside for other people (my fault, not theirs) and suppressed my passion to make my writing dreams come true.

My fire is back, in part due to the nature of writing this blog every day. I’m taking a few days off of writing on novels to prepare a short story submission for an anthology with publisher, but I AM BACK TO WRITING ONE THOUSAND WORDS A DAY. I am screaming that in all caps because I’m celebrating a small step moving forward in my own dream journey that I’ve been trying to get back to since January.

So now matter what is happening in your life or in current events, my challenge for you is to stay the course and focused on your dream journey. Even if you only get one tenth of what you plan or need to get done, keep moving forward on your journey no matter what it takes.

What did you accomplish this week on your dream goals? I’d love to hear!



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:



Creating a Vision

Setting Goals

Develop and Follow Routines

Define Boundaries 

Find a Friend



No comments:

Post a Comment