Thursday, June 16, 2016

Finishing Too Long After the End





Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end ~ Igor Stravinksy

How are you doing with your boundaries? I admit, I’m still working myself to the bone. But I did have an epiphany on Tuesday that helped.

First of all, I did not get to bed as early as I wished on Monday, so I planned to sleep in a little. I started waking up at my normal time with a horrible stomach ache and nausea and soon I found myself in the bathroom. The bout food sickness I had on Tuesday morning meant I had to throw all my routines away for the day and take care of myself. But I did it, and I did it without feeling guilty about not completing my list. My health and well being was more important on Tuesday than getting ahead on blog posts.

Using Tuesday’s lesson, I continued that into Wednesday night. Both nights I had meetings after working all day, but after being gone from the house for nearly twelve hours, I had to give up everything but the most basic of chores (cleaning the cat box and watering the outdoor plants) so that I could spend some time journaling and recharging so I could get through the week to Friday. I am off the NSEDJ on Friday and plan to catch up over the weekend.

So even though I like to keep regular boundaries around my dream work and house work and relaxation and having fun, sometimes it’s more important to go with the flow, either because your body tells you that you need rest or even because you’re still figuring out your boundaries along your journey.

What new boundaries have you experimented with this week?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Define Boundaries 


No comments:

Post a Comment