Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Take Your Heart to Work



Take your heart to work ~ Meryl Streep

Do your goals match your heart? If your goals match your vision, I bet they match your heart.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about focus and career. And it started with talking about making a choice to be a “morning person” a long time ago. When I switched to a day shift, I hated the fact that so many people, my parents’ age at the time, complained about mornings. I made a conscious choice to be a cheerful person in the morning, not moody and volatile.

The conversation went from there to career goals and really finding out what she wanted to do. She’s been working a job steadily for the last two years (if I remember right), but it’s not a career job that she enjoys. She enjoys the stability but is ready to take on a more career minded job.

Her heart isn’t into what she’s doing and she doesn’t see advancement. And she wants to find meaningful work that interests her. So instead of complaining about her co-workers, she’s decided to start figuring out “what she wants to be when she grows up.”

Whatever you do, make sure your heart is int and take your heart to work.

When did you realize what you wanted to do and follow your heart?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:





Setting Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment