Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Less I Call It Work




The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work ~ Richard Bach

Yes, the more I want to get something done, the less it seems like a chore, but that can also get me into trouble.

Some of you may know about a recent divorce that has turned my life upside down. Paralyzed by the shock of the event, I drifted for about a week, just taking care of the necessities of the day. Once my shock and grief waned, I amped up my activity to the opposite end of the spectrum.

Then I was trying to accomplish way too much. I worked on writing, chores around the house, re-arranging rooms, cabinets, shelves, this blog, my romance blog, became more active on Twitter (I have two accounts to maintain now!), plus attend Al-Anon meetings twice a week and still attend counseling. I’m trying to read three books right now!

But the last week I figured out, I just can’t do it all. There aren’t enough hours in the day. When I wake up on Monday morning and feeling the exhaustion in my legs because I didn’t take enough time off over the weekend to just relax and chill, I know I’m overdoing it. So last weekend I sat down and reorganized my life again. I have a list of non-negotiable items I get to every day (even things on this list get missed because that’s just the type of day I have). In addition to that, I only scheduled myself to do 4 or 5 other projects, even on the weekends. After that, I am done for the day.

I feel much better about my boundaries this week and even though it’s really only been about four days into trying them out, it’s working. I’m still not getting everything done on my list, but I I know that everything has its time. I am moving forward on my fiction writing and maintaining my blogs, and that’s what matters.

What recent revelations have you had about your boundaries?



__________________________________


Can't get enough of the 5 Steps? Look at the archives in my original blog:




Define Boundaries 


No comments:

Post a Comment